Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Dream a little dream

I've been thinking a lot lately about something I've always wanted to do. It's expensive, it requires at least one other person, but it would be so much fun.

You see, I've always wanted to travel across Canada and not just in the typical sense. I wanted to make a real journey about it, it would be involved and complicated, but so worth it in the end.

The trip starts with two things - a website and a facebook group. The facebook group would be dedicated to having people tell us what is so great about the town they live in, why we should visit it, what sort of attractions there are to see. Nothing to big or too small.

The website would be set up with a journal, a map displaying where we've been and where we are currently, videos and pictures about where we've been and of course, the biography of the two (or more) people taking part in the journey.

A real documentation of Canada. Every little town, the people that live in those towns and things that not everyone gets to see.

It's on my to do list of things, should I ever win the lottery (unlikely). It is a project that would, most likely, never be finished because I would love to be able to try to visit every town, city and village possible...and well, this is a pretty big country.

With the right promotion it could be something grand. I'd love to even have a part where I can ask people all over this country what it means to them to be Canadian. What they love about their town, their province and their country....whether they were born here or chose to make it their home.

Of course, now I've posted this here which means someone who has the money and time could steal the idea from me. Ah well, it's an idea worth sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment