Sunday, December 19, 2010

Bah, hum bug.

Okay, I'm really not a scrooge. I do like Christmas, but at the same time I really hate it. I'm sure a lot of you understand what I mean. The expectations, the commercialization, the crowds, the rush - those are the things that drive me crazy. Well, that and Christmas music before December 1.

I do love the season though because it's a good excuse to get together with friends and/or family. It seems that we're all so busy nowadays that we need an excuse just to spend time with the people we care about. And I hate that the holidays remind me of that as well.

Still, I did get off my butt today like I hoped I would and with significantly less pain than the day before. I got some shopping done and some web design work for my clients. I still have a few things to do and I still really need to scrub down my apartment, but it's a start.

I've even made sure I have my holiday favorites on my laptop so that I can watch my favorite movies on the long ride to Saskatoon. I'm hoping that by the time Christmas day is here I'll be filled with the holiday spirit.

I'm doing good this year though so I should have some spirit by then. Most years I just want to strangle Christmas with my bare hands by this date.

No comments:

Post a Comment