Thursday, December 16, 2010

50 Questions to Ask Yourself

So I was doing some surfing during my slow time at work. I looked up a few things, one of them being a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days. It's not something I am planning to take part of yet, but maybe one day I will. I did skim through a few things and found one thing that struck my fancy.

I found a list of 50 questions you should ask yourself. Actually, I think they described them as being 'life changing' questions, but I didn't find it so much life changing as thought provoking. I've only answered about 40 of the questions so far, but some of them really made me think hard. It even brought home a point I had long known but rarely acknowledge publicly.

I guess I have another list of back up posts now. My list of 50 Questions. Don't you just love lists? I guess I may just have to start going back and putting in labels for these posts so that people can find specific entries from my Life List and from my 50 Q's. That does seem to be a bit too much like work right now, but if labels suddenly appear then you know I've taken the time to go back.

So to start us off a few Q&A for "50 Questions":

1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?

Most days I would say that I’m only 25 years old. Maybe it’s because so many of my friends are young, but I don’t really feel like I’ve grown older since that age. I think I just stopped and kept all my enthusiasm of youth.

2. Which is worse, failing or never trying?

Never trying is the worse. Even if you fail, you can still say you tried and you did your best. Unless you didn’t try to do your best. If that’s the case, why even try?

3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?

We do the things we don’t want to do because we are raised to believe that these things are necessary. Often, to be able to operate in current society, these things are necessary. If you choose to turn your back on social convention then many of these things that we don’t like to do will become things that we don’t have to do.
We like the things we don't do because we have yet to realize the harsh reality of those things that we glorify as being "great".

No comments:

Post a Comment