Friday, December 31, 2010

A Letter to the Year Gone By

Dear 2010,

It's been a year of highs and lows
Of love and broken hearts
A year for tears and many a fears
Faced and overcome
I didn't think I'd see the end
But here we are again
A new year waiting on the porch
For me to let it in.

2010, you've been a blast
But it's time to say good bye.
I hope the new year is kinder to me
Gentler on the mind
You weren't always easy 2010
but you sure were one of a kind.

Love CLicK

Okay, horrid poetry attempts aside, 2010 was quite the year. I spent the first few months unemployed and living on the kindness of my friends. I got so lucky with the job I landed in - it was exactly what I wanted for a new job. I'm still enjoying it - as you may know if you follow me on twitter.

I've been hurt and I've been loved. I've gotten lost and I've been found. I know it sounds cryptic, but I'm still not sure how many details of my personal life I want here.

I think the best thing about 2010 is that I've finally learned where I really screwed up in my life and the places that I really did things right. Which brings me to the new year coming - 2011.

Everyone makes new years resolutions, but I've typically not been one of those people. In fact, I've avoided them, but this year I want it to be different. I signed up for WriYe and there are a few other things I've decided to commit myself to as well. Self-improvement in more than one way.

I'll be 30 this year and it's time to make some changes in my life. I had different plans once upon a time, but I don't regret it. The experiences I have had are worth every bit of it. I am who I am and I am glad of that.

So thank you 2010 for opening my eyes and showing me things I've never known and letting me feel things I'd forgotten that I could feel. I hope that 2011 will allow me the chance to act upon the things I've learned in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment