Friday, February 4, 2011

Yet another 3-0 idea.

If you've been following my Life List posts then you will know that there are a lot of things I'd like to do at some point in my life. They don't have to be done now, just at some point. And even I know that I might not be able to do them all.

If you've been reading my personal posts, you may also know that my thirtieh birthday is just around the bend and I've been waffling about what I want to do for it. I want it to be something memorable.

I've tossed around ideas like a spa day, a trip to San Fran, a super incredible dinner out. There is a lot I can do. Of course, I've also got to watch the pennies because I have a couple of trips I want to do this year as well. Including Vegas and home to Vancouver.

I had a new idea the other day. Why not cross something off of my life list? Buy myself something special. It's too cold and early for the hot air balloon ride, but last year I wanted really badly to learn to play the ukulele. I never got around to it so I put it down on my life list. Item number four.

I was 'window shopping' for tenor ukuleles earlier this week and then I thought - why not buy myself one for my birthday? The gift that keeps on giving. It'll be a memento of the big three-oh.

I'm going to think about it for a bit though. As much as I like the idea, I want to toss it around for a bit. I never have an easy time with decisions. I spend way too much time thinking about them - just processing.

We'll see what happens though.

No comments:

Post a Comment