Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Coming Soon to a Theatre Near You

I love movies. Seriously. I do. I've never been a huge fan of the small screen, but the silver screen has always managed to draw me in. I have my favorites (there's a list here somewhere) and I have the movies I would avoid (I don't have a list of those yet).

Not only do I love movies, but I also love previews. That's right. Those little teaser. I watch them as avidly as I do the movie itself. Sometimes that preview contains the really good parts of a movie, but for some reason those are not the movies I usually end up watching.

What I really like, is when I pick up a movie that isn't as common. Something that wasn't a big blockbuster hit. The previews that I often find on those DVD's are sometimes for the most interesting movies ever. Not always the best movies, but definitely interesting.

Today I was watching "The Great Buck Howard" which I picked up out of the discount bin (a place that I often get my movies) and it had a preview on it for a very interesting movie called "Big Man Japan". It doesn't look like *good* movie, but it looks like a very interesting movie.

I am determined to watch this movie. It is a great example of why I watch previews so intently. I would never have heard of this movie any other way. My friends don't have as wild a taste in movies as I do so I can rarely get recommendations from them.

Now of any of you have suggestions for me, I'd love to hear them. (or at the very least read them). I always love expanding my horizons.

No comments:

Post a Comment