Wednesday, May 2, 2012

365 Photos: Days 1, 2 & 3

In case you're wondering, I am doing some photo altering, nothing too hard. Basic stuff really.

Day One - April 29th, 2012




This was my thirty-first birthday and as you can see, this picture has nothing to do with that because I didn't celebrate my birthday. Actually, I never really celebrate my birthday. Not since I was sixteen at least.

What I did on this day wasn't much. It was my last full day in the Vancouver area as I had to drive home to Alberta the next day. I went to White Rock and said good bye to the ocean, I went to a fashion show, had dinner with my parents and packed for my early morning take off (gone before 6am).

As you can see, this picture represents my location, which is really what the day was all about. My last day with my family in the Vancouver area. This is the White Rock Beach pier. Good-bye ocean for at least a year.

Day Two - April 30th, 2012




All day we drove with only a few stops to stretch, sightsee, eat, switch drivers and fuel up. It rained for pretty much the entire drive through British Columbia. We took the old Crowsnest Highway - a much longer drive than taking the TransCanada and Yellowhead - which is a beautiful drive.

I could have chosen a lot of pictures to represent this day. From the road, to the mountains, to the ruins and windmills. I had a lot of choices. I chose this picture of the road and mountains through a rainy windshield. It really does represent the day the best. I like how the rain blurs everything. And in some ways the day really was a blur!

Day Three – May 1st, 2012




The first day back at work was a hard one. I was dead tired. Working through a fog, but I made it through! I even managed to restock my fridge and make myself a really simple meal.

I figured the best way to represent this day was a darkened picture of my desk at work. Kinda what it looks like through half closed eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment