Friday, June 7, 2019

Review: Inn Spirits by C.M. Harris

This is a collection of short stories by C.M. Harris and is published by Kyanite Publishing. I had the privilege of being able to read an ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) of this book that is available now. 

Find out more about this story and where to purchase this novel here: https://kyanitepublishing.com/product/inn-spirits-tales-of-the-folsom/

I'm a bit behind on my reading schedule and only finally managed to get some reading time in to finish this delightful collection of stories. I'm glad I managed to get some reading time in because these tales were well worth it.

I am going to be honest with you. I am a hard scare. Even as a teenager I read horror novels when I was home alone in the dark. So, I can't speak on scare factor because even when I write horror I have to ask others if what I've written is scary. However, I think that your average reader will find this collection delightfully terrifying.

As one would expect with the subtitle on this collection, all the stories are related, but more than that, they are weaved together within the narrative of yet another story. This is an aspect of that a highly enjoyed because as much as I love a collection of short stories, I love when there is a sense of connection between them all.

In regards to the individual stories in this collection, I found them all very well written and highly enjoyable. Each story had great characterization, wonderful structure and beautiful detail to it. There was not a single story that I read that was less than fully enjoyable.

I highly recommend that if you like tales of horror that do not skimp on the details and imagery then this is a collection for you. C.M. Harris is a gem of a writer and I am so glad I got a chance to read his work for the first time. I only wish I had gotten to read it sooner.

You can follow C.M. Harris on Twitter under the delightful handle of "Ned the Zombie" (https://twitter.com/Ned_the_zombie). I've been following him since long before this book came across my radar simply because he is a delight follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment