Monday, June 24, 2019

Review: The 7 P's of Publishing Success by Mark Leslie Levfebvre

This was book came to me as a part of the Write Publish Profit 2.0 bundle that I mentioned a few days ago. Lucky for me, it was offered as both an ebook and audiobook. So, I was able to listen to this wonderful advice on the long commute to and from the office.

I only go to the second chapter on this novel when I realized that I could think of a lot of authors out there that could really use to take these words to heart.

Chapter two was about professionalism. How we conduct ourselves as writers when interacting with reviewers, publishers, readers, and even general.

Unlike the first item I read from this bundle, this is something I really took a lot out of - and not just that second chapter. The 7 P's, if you were wondering, area Practice, Professionalism, Patience, Progression, Persistence, Partnership, Patronage.

Whether you are self-published or traditionally published or just thinking of getting into the industry, this is a book that you will find useful - if you're open to listening and thinking about what Mark has to say. He has decades of experience in the industry with both self and traditional publishing, so he does know what he is talking about. 

Some of the things he reminds and tells us about may be things that one would think are common sense, but sometimes I don't think there is such a thing as common sense. I've known authors, and perhaps myself made many of the mistakes that he mentions. His reminders that we must always keep growing and learning as writers is very important. 
  
Do I recommend that you take the time to listen or read this book? The answer is yes. I do. There are oodles of good advice whether you are thinking of becoming a published author or have more than ten books under your belt. Sometimes, we all need a little reminder of these essentials of being a writer.  

And, as an added bonus, he even recommends books and podcasts that he has found useful during his writing career. 

**Do note, there are some small discrepancies between the audio and ebooks as he mentions at the beginning of the audiobook.** 

No comments:

Post a Comment