Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Run Girl, Run!

Just as a side note, I am still taking pictures for the 365 photo project, but I haven't had time to size them all down for posting (and I've been having some server issues where I store my images!)

Okay, got that out of the way. I've got a few real announcements to make.

For years I have contemplated joining the Canadian Armed Forces Reserves. In fact, I had a plan to join as soon as I finished paying off my debts. I figured that would give me enough time to get into a decent enough shape as well so I can pass the physical testing for joining. Well, I jumped the gun and sent in my application a late last week. It's quite the process, so I've got time to amp up my training so I can be ready.

So, I went for my first run today since the injury to my leg. I was surprised that my cardio was no where near as bad as I thought it was. While my time on my 2.5k run wasn't a good time (18:53) it wasn't horrible either. I kept my pace throughout the entire length and I know my lungs had the capacity to push harder even if I wasn't ready to push harder in the muscle department.

It felt good to run again and I can't want to get myself on a schedule and reach that running goal so I can pass my test. I have to get my time to under 14:55 to pass. That and the chest strength for push-ups are my weak areas. It's gonna be tough. I'm not going to lie to myself about this, but it'll be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment