Friday, February 17, 2012

A Different Kind of To-Do List

A recent post by The Capillary had me thinking about the same question that she asked herself.



If I died tomorrow, what do I want to have pursued and accomplished before anything else?


And I'm not just talking about the big things, I talking about the little things too. My passions, the things I enjoy. Stuff that I've always wanted to do and never had time to. I mean I have my Life List, but those are things I'd like to do sometime in my life. These are the things that may or may not be on that list. Some of them are just little things. Seemingly inconsequential things.

Right now, it's not a long list, but I think it's a start. It's got me thinking anyway.

  • Have a body that I am proud of/happy with
  • Run a full marathon
  • Take a backpacking trip in the mountains
  • Learn to play my ukulele
  • Take a creative writing course
  • Get my drivers license
  • Attempt 101 goals in 1001 days (and hopefully succeed)
  • Publish something. Doesn't matter if it's a novel or a short story or a non-fiction article.
  • Finish a novel first to final draft - even if it never gets published
  • Learn a new language and use it.
  • See every province and territory in Canada.
  • Take a road trip with no destination in mind
  • Take a trip/vacation with no plans.
  • Visit Antarctica
  • Paint a painting


I guess that's all, but perhaps I should sit down and start plotting out a way to make these things possible. Heck, I can even make everything else a part of my 101 things in 1001 days. I should do it. I will do it. I might not be marathon ready in 1001 days, but why can't I be? Why not?

The only thing standing in my way is me. As I've said before This is the Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment