Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012

Hello New Year!
Last year I posted what I think was a very nice little entry about the coming of 2011: Letter to a Year Gone By. I certainly did not manage to keep all the goals I had set for myself last year, but that's okay. I always had a problem with setting goals to high.

Looking back:

2011 was a pretty decent year for me. My biggest highlight of the year was running a half marathon. Something that I would have believed impossible not too long ago. I did nearly cripple myself, but that just makes me more careful moving forward.

The low points were the injuries. From the near crippling I just mentioned to slicing of a chunk of my thumb. Not to mention greeting the new year with a tendinitis flare up. Still, I'm not totally broken yet so I'm not going to fret too much!

Looking forward:

I want 2012 to be a year of change for me. I'm working hard to get my weight down. I even have another half marathon goal...but this one is in 2013! Plenty of time to prepare myself properly. Moat importantly, the real goal isn't just weight loss, but overall fitness. I want to be healthy.

The health/weight thing is the biggest thi this year, but I want to do more than that. As I said, I want this to be a year of change. It may seem vague, but I want to make my life better for me.
I want it to be better in a way where I can say that my life is good. That I am happy just as things are. With just the way I am. I want to learn to find a better connection to the world and to other people.  Does that make sense?

So I raise my glass and toast to this new year. May it be the kind of year of which I can be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment