Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Face the Challenge

for those who know me well, they know a few things about me and religion. I am not exactly a religious person. I don't go to church and I don't often talk about what I believe unless someone asks. I also don't exactly follow the holidays either. Especially ones like Lent.

However, this seems to be a year of me challenging myself. I have a marathon (okay, half marathon), I'm teaching myself to play the ukulele, I'm trying to focus on my writing more (and sadly failing currently) and I am trying to get my life in the right gear.

So when the topic of giving stuff up for Lent came up in the light of Ash Wednesday this week I thought that perhaps another challenge was in order. It appears that I will be giving up all refined sugars between tomorrow and Easter. Thankfully, Easter is the weekend before my birthday so I still get to have my birthday cake!

This is the first time in my almost 30 years that I've actually taken part in Lent. I guess there is a first for everything.

Oh...and as a side note, I have finally purchased my ukulele. I have no idea how long it'll take to get here, but I should have it before the end of the month! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment