Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I Love My Job

I'm always saying that I love my job. If you haven't read that here before then I'll say it again "I love my job".

Part of it is the people I work with. I do have a great set of co-workers for the most part. Part of it is the fact that I get paid decently to do a pretty easy (to me) job. Mostly though, it's those little perks.

Cakes on birthdays, lunch days, flexible time off, RRSP contributions, and time off with pay just because. For example, today is International Womens Day (and the start of Mardi Gras) so all the women got to leave an hour early with pay and go to the bar for a drink on the company's tab. Not too shabby eh?

Things like that actually happen fairly frequently. Not to mention the company christmas and summer parties. All booze provided in seemingly limitless quantities. Yeah, the perks are great.

How often can someone say that they love their job? That they actually like to go to work? There are better paying jobs, there are more interesting jobs, but this company definitely seems to be a "one in a million" kind of deal.

Of course, if you're on a diet, my company is a bad place to work with all the sugary treats that make their way inside! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment