Sunday, February 17, 2019

Review: Birth of Magic by Carol Beth Anderson


Birth of Magic by Carol Beth Anderson is a self-published novella that can be purchased found for Kindle or in paperback on Amazon at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N6PLN33/

Beth is one of many authors that I admire thought this is my first time reading more than her incredible microfiction on Twitter. Her Sun-Blessed Trilogy has been on my to-be-read list for a while because, unfortunately, I have less time to read than I would like. When her novella came out, I jumped at the chance to dive into the rich, fantastical world of magic that I`d only heard about from others.

I’m happy to say that I wasn’t disappointed. 

In ‘Birth of Magic’, she creates a strong emotional tale that draws you into the world she has created. Her protagonist, Kari, is compelling and relatable. Her journey of self-discovery is an emotionally hard read at times but enthralling all the same. Beth paints a vivid world with creative description that, as a writer myself, I can only envy.

This novella packs a big story that leaves the reader satisfied in the end, but still wanting to know more about the world and people she has created. Though reading the Sun-Blessed trilogy isn’t necessary to understand and loving this novella, you’ll want to read it when you’re done.
I highly recommend picking up this wonderful novella and checking out Carol Beth Anderson’s other work.

You can follow her on Twitter at https://twitter.com/CBethAnderson or check out our website to find more of her at http://carolbethanderson.com

No comments:

Post a Comment