Thursday, December 29, 2016

Happy Whatever!

I don't know about all of you, but I had a wonderful few days off from my regular job. I made a beautiful turkey and fixings for myself. That's right. I spent the holidays all on my own with the dogs and cats and bunny. I had plans to get some writing done since I was home alone, but it turned out that I really needed a writing break. So nothing got done.

But I did have a really good holiday. We got a foot of snow by Christmas Eve and my neighbours invited me out to look at the lights in our town. We walked the whole town - which isn't too difficult to do even with a foot of new snow since it is only about 4 blocks in size with a populate of about 113 people.

For a small town there are quite a few people who light up their homes. Of course is could be because there are a lot older retired people here, but it really is a nice little town.

It wasn't until the day after boxing day that  I finally even left my home. My friends and I drove two the city to the south of us to pick up some great deals at the big mall and then to the zoo that lights up their park. It's actually quite pretty.

Then of course it was back to the grind. And today I brushed off the computer and worked on some flash fiction for a contest. I'll let you know how that one goes. Now, that I have my writing groove back a bit hopefully that means I will be able to polish some more stories to get some things out there for you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment