Thursday, October 11, 2012

The NaNoWriMo Meme

The wonderful, incredible The Capillary decided to start her own little 30 days of NaNo meme and I quite like what she has planned!

Although I am planning this novel to the extreme because I would like to finish a full first draft again this year (~90K words). For me to write that much in 30 days I need to be prepared. I flounder and panic when I pants it. Or even just percolate it. I need a plan. However, I would still like to give this a bit of a try.

I've got a few choices. I can base something within the same universe that I am currently writing in. I've written in this world before for a previous NaNo and a Screnzy. So it's a world and characters I am familiar with.

Or I can write in one of the many other worlds that I have previously created, but not worked in as much. Such as my Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Supernatural crossover novel that I've kept on the back burner for a couple of years. Or something based on the novel that I am currently on the fourth edit of...

And of course, I just write something entirely new. A whole new story in addition to what I am writing for NaNo. A story and world that is almost completely pantsed and barely percolated.

So what do we think I should do? The sooner I decide the easier it will be to get my mind in the right working frame prior to November.

Whew. This is going to be one hell of a November.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention friend. :3

    Dont' worry, we'll keep each other motivated. :d

    ReplyDelete