Monday, October 8, 2012

A Day To Give Thanks

Although the Canadian Thanksgiving has a different origin than the more well known American Thanksgiving, it is still a day in which we are reminded to give thanks. Families often gather together to share a large meal, but how many people really do think to give thanks for the bounty of their lives?

So right now I'd like to give thanks in writing for all the blessings in my life. A good job, incredible friends, a family that knows how to love unconditionally. My dog and my cat that never judge me. A roof over my head and food in my cupboards.

I give thanks for the ability to always see the beauty in things. For an imagination that keeps my world colourful. For the ability to keep my faith even when things are that their worst. And most of all, I am thankful to just be here.

I could probably go on forever, but I'm sure you get the idea. I have a lot to be thankful for. A lot that I just take for granted. And I think it reminds me that I have a long way to go on my self improvement project.

I part of my self improvement is to try to keep a positive mental attitude and part of that is to constantly remember all the good that out-weighs the bad. I need to always keep in mind that the bad is never as bad as I think it is. In fact, it's really just an opportunity.

Great example. I am tired of being alone and single. Actually, I used to love it, but I am starting to hate it. However, if not for this small thing that I don't like I may never havw strived so hard to improve myself as a person. And to be honest, do I deserve what I often have a hard time giving to myself?

So, I am thankful. For the good and the seemingly bad. Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment