Tuesday, March 27, 2012

30 - Almost 1/2 way

It's been a little while since I've posted anything here and I do feel very negligent. However, for the last week, I have a very good excuse for not doing any blogging. Heck, if it hadn't been for my phone there would have been no facebook either.

Last week my sister flew out to spend some time with me, but mostly with my best friend and her son, our nephew, who also drove out at the same time. I took the week off of work so that I could spend as much time as possible with them.

Unfortunately, my best friend also brought a highly contagious stomach flu with her from Saskatchewan. With few exceptions, she managed to infect all her friends including me and my sister.

Sometime between the stomach flu and my recovery, I passed the 30 lbs gone mark. I'm just a little over 30 lbs gone at the moment and looking at the 1/2 way point. I can almost taste the little victory that awaits me. I've got just a hair over 4lbs to go to get there, but that isn't much. 2 - 3 weeks sees me there.

To be honest I had hoped to hit the 1/2 way mark a little earlier. I'm about a month behind where I wanted to be, but I'm down on myself about that. I knew that this wasn't going to be easy. There would be setbacks and if the worst I can say is that I am about a month behind schedule - that ain't so bad.

You know, when I started, I was determined to lose all this excess weight, but I think there was still this small part of me that didn't quite believe I could do it. I couldn't imagine being able to say that I had lost more than 10 or 20 lbs. I've never managed to lose weight like this before so I must be doing something right this time.

It's a really good feeling - you know? I think just being able to say that I've done it helps me feel like the next 30 lbs is entirely possible.

I'm still just taking it milestone, but milestone. The 1/2 way mark is the next one and the one after that is 40lbs, then hitting below 200 lbs. I think it helps to give myself those small goals to focus on. The big picture is still too big to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment