Friday, July 1, 2011

A Celebratory Occasion

I wasn't going to post today, but I am mulling over a very serious post for when I get back from vacation. It requires some research to write it, but I really want to write it.

Why I am writing today is for two very special occasions. Today I am celebrating two birthdays. First, this is Canada Day. Today my beloved country turns just 144 years old. A young country, but a good one in my opinion.

The other birthday I am celebrating is that of my brand new nephew, Caleb Gerald who was born at 0710 in Saskatoon and weighing in at a whopping 9.8lbs. My best friend of 18 years and his mother had technically been in labour for two weeks at the time of his birth.

And I tell you, I've seen one picture of him that she posted on facebook and he is a damned cute little thing. That means something coming from me because I'm not normally the kind of person who likes babies. In fact, I find most newborns to be kinda ugly looking.

So, I doubt you'll hear from me for a week or so! I am officially on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment