Friday, April 15, 2011

The Second Draft

Like always, I've been distracted by the wonders of real life concerns. Not that I've really had a lot of them, but I do have them. Lately, I picked up the first draft of my 2009 NaNo Novel. At one point I had started to edit it, then I stopped. It was time to start again. I had the urge.

I've already re-written the majority of the first chapter and made minor adjustments to the next few. As of this moment I am in the middle of touching up chapter 5. It's one of the chapters that turned out almost exactly how I wanted it.

Even though I wrote this novel well over a year ago, I still know it fairly well without the need to re-read. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I actually have a really good memory for these sorts of things.

Within two chapters time, I know I need to start weaving in a subplot that becomes much more substantial than I had thought it would when I had originally written it. I'm kind of excited about this second draft.

Once it's done, I'll be re-reading it and making notes of any more changes that are required. I think after that, then I will be looking to my friends for the small favour of honest feedback.

When I first wrote it, I felt as though this was something I could possibly publish and I feel that way even more now. We'll see when I get the feedback. If I can find people willing to give critical feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment