Saturday, April 13, 2013

L is for Love

Let us always meet each other with a smile - Mother Teresa


Love. What a small word for such a big feeling. There are a million and one things that can say on the subject, but I am going to say this: Love is necessary.

I once had someone say to me "You love strongly, but selectively. You've got this wonderful light in you that shines on only certain people - maybe you should try shining it on everyone." I had never really thought about Love as a light before that and I had to agree that I was very selective about who I loved - and I didn't think that was a bad thing. Now, I mostly disagree with that assessment.

This extraordinary thing called love - Jiddu Krishnamurti


Sure, I save the best of my love for those that I am closest too, but I have learned that it is better to spread the love around and shine a little of the light on the rest of the world. Like, of course, is a different matter entirely, but I can still share love with others. I treat love as an attitude towards the world because the most important part of love is acceptance (oh that word again!).

I give the love without any conditions. No strings attached. I can feel a gentle, kind loving attitude towards others. Sometimes I fail at this, but when I succeed I feel a great contentment. I feel like just havng that attitude of love makes the world a better place. It changes everything.

Love yourself first - Lucille Ball


And of course, the greatest love that you need is to love yourself. I think I've mentioned that before. Love yourself above all. You need that love, that kindness and acceptance for yourself before you can move forward in this world.

Above all, love. That I feel is so very true.

Keep love in your heart - Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment