Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Milestones

It's been almost a month since my last post here and I do feel bad about the long absence, but it's been a productive month. During the month of June I was busy caring for my health, taking driving lessons and preparing for my dog to come and live with me.

As for caring for my health goes, I'm not doing too bad. A few inflammatory issues, but nothing to write home to mom about. I do have one thing of note to post. I have lost over 40lbs now. I'm now weighing-in at numbers that start with a '1' instead of a '2'. It's a pretty significant achievement I think. Before I know it, I'll be at my goal.

I did manage to finally get my drivers license. I achieved a perfect score on my driving test. Not a single demerit. It's about time I finally managed to get that done! It only took my 15 years to get it.

With my drivers license comes the gift of a truck from my BFF. She doesn't need her little, old Ranger so it is coming to stay with me till it breaks down or I can afford something new. The truck may be free, but getting it here comes with a price tag I can only just manage. It's a small bit of stress, but I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end.

My dog, I may have mentioned her once or twice, has finally come to live with me and the last few weeks have been quite the adjustment for all of us. The cats are slowly getting better with her and she's not as terrified as she once was of them. It's more of a struggle getting her used to city life, but we're working on it. We may also be facing a move in the next few weeks....if my management company ever gets back to me!

I do have to sadly report that I have failed at the 365 photo project. I seemed to have stopped everything for the month of July.... I will post some of the photos and I probably will give it another try, but my life is so boring that I run out of ideas of what I can take a picture of!

I'll try again to be a bit more regular on my writing here, but that means I'll have to turn on my computer...Something I've hardly done in the last month!

No comments:

Post a Comment