Monday, May 11, 2020

Magic #13


Recently, I hit the mark of having 13 titles in which I been listed as a contributing or sole author and I'm rather proud of this. It's been a lot of work to get to this point, but I don't always have time to promote all my work.

So, here it goes, a little self-promo for this indie author.

I’m going to start with my latest novel. Feathers and Fae

This is a fantasy adventure about friendship, trust, and the lies we think we need to tell. This story is one that came as a surprise for me. I think one of my favourite things is the landscapes that my characters get to go through. Of course, if you ask my readers, their favourite thing is Bob the Yeti.  Read this for Bob the Yeti, if nothing else. Everyone loves Bob.

Being my first (and not last) traditionally published novel, I am exceptionally proud of this book which was picked up by Kyanite Publishing



Going back in time now, the first books I ever published were self-published. In retrospect, it may have been a mistake, but I tend to roll with my mistakes and make the best of things. For now, this series will remain a self-published series from the previous books to the future books that are planned.
The Saints and Sinners Series is an urban paranormal fantasy series that touches on other genres with the first book, Road to Redemption, leaning towards paranormal romance and the second book, Depths of Darkness, being strongly in the category of horror. 

This series and these characters are dear to me since they are what started me down the road with the determination to become an author.

Road to Redemption (https://amazon.com/dp/152015626X)
Depths of Darkness (https://amazon.com/dp/1726830608 )


When it comes to the next book that I want to talk about, it began when I woke up one day and decided to spend the year writing very short stories using the #vss365 tag on Twitter for prompts. This type of story is also known as microfiction. Then I took my best and made a book of them titled, Little Stories in a Big Universe.

I haven't promoted this adorable little book near as much as I should have, but if you want a little bathroom reader or something that is easy to put down and pick up, this is an ideal and reasonably priced little book.


Now, for the longest time, I was terrified of writing short stories. I didn't think I had the capacity for the brevity necessary. After working with the microfiction, I decided I needed to conquer this as well.

Thankfully, I found myself inspired by a shared-world anthology created by a fellow Canadian Author, Stephen Coghlan. This also helped me attack my fear of working in someone else's world. So, enter the Remnants Anthology. Published by Kyanite Publishing, this post-apocalyptic collection of stories is unique and amazing. 

I can honestly say that it's an honour to be able to count myself among the authors of this anthology. 



Throughout all of this, I was writing other things. The aforementioned Stephen Coghlan convinced me to try my hand at drabbles, 100-word stories. Having never heard of such a thing before, I was eager to give it a try. These drabbles are all published with Black Hare Press.

They are fun to write and just as much fun to read. I managed to get 5 stories in all but three books in this series of drabbles. 

It would have been nice to have been able to be in all of them, but I was in the middle of edits and launching Feathers and Fae during much of this time and I am only one person.

You can find those published in these anthologies:









And outside of the drabbles collection, there is one other book in which I have three drabbles with Black Hare Press that you can read along with many other incredible authors.

Of course, we aren't stopping at 13, nor is this where my list will stop this year. We are only halfway through and I have a few other things that I am eager to share with you as well as several stories out on submission. 

Expect to see a lot more from me over the next few months. And, well, the foreseeable future as well. I love what I do. Writing, to me, is as essential as breathing. 

Oh, I do have one more cover that I can show you. Another short story in one of the quarterly issues of the Kyanite Press

I wrote a story that was accepted for the apocalyptic themed issue coming out in late May 2020 (yes, this month). Shattered Worlds. (https://kyanitepublishing.com/home/catalog/kyanite-press-v2i3)


And I would love to share with you the cover for my upcoming novel, Falling Light which will be on preorder later this month, but it that cover hasn't been released yet.

So, any questions?



No comments:

Post a Comment