Thursday, February 7, 2013

Throwing Down the Gauntlet

On Sunday afternoon, after a long day of shopping, I was informed that it was possible to download a pedometer app for my phone. So I downloaded Accupedo for my Android and I've been trying hard to keep my phone on me at all times.

Monday was my first full day with it and I fell short of the recommended 10,000 steps by almost 3,000 steps. I had even been trying, but it wasn't enough. It was a pretty big eye opener. I thought I walked a lot, but I guess I was wrong. So on Tuesday I tried even harder, squeezing in movement every moment I got. I did much better cracking 11,000 steps by the end of the day. And today? Well, today I am ahead of where I was yesterday and when I am done writing this blog post I will be back up and moving around again.

So to all my readers (by the way, thank you just for reading!) I'd like to throw down the gauntlet and challenge you all to get 10,000 steps in per day as well. It's not about getting fit, but being healthy. A healthy lifestyle includes activity. So see what you do in a regular day and if it's not 10K then it's time to do yourself favour and get moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment