Sunday, February 3, 2013

Challenge Results

So The Capillary challenged me on Twitter to edit one chapter of my current novel, write two chapters for my next novel and do a blog post about it on Sunday.

It's Sunday, so I'm doing the blog post, but I wasn't going to post until later because I wanted to give myself time to write. I did edit some more of my current novel - 1.5 chapters actually. I even wrote a blog post between the issuing of the challenge and now. I did not, however, write two chapters and I am going to tell you why.

This challenge taught me that I only am able to truly concentrate on one story at a time. I cannot get my head into the sequel because I am still stuck in my current story. This was a really good thing to learn and I am thankful to this challenge for teaching it to me.

So yes, I failed the challenge, but I learned something really important and I'm okay with that trade.

1 comment: