Friday, January 18, 2013

Willpower and Snackies

If you were to ask me, I'd tell you that I'm not very gifted in the area of willpower. Sometimes I'm good and I stick to my guns, but more often than I'd like to admit, I give in to temptations. When it comes to watching my calories, it certainly is hard to not just go whole hog on some of the temptations that are out there.

Today, for example, one of the girls brought a large box full of potato chips to work. Her boyfriend works for one of the big chip companies and he often will bring chips home from work. And the best way to get rid of those chips is for her to bring them to work. It's not secret in our building that the floor I work on will always eat the food. (No, seriously, they usually put leftovers on our floor because they know we'll eat it up here even though we're one of the smallest departments.)

I love potato chips. When I was younger there were days (when I was in college) when all I would eat in an entire day is one large bag of chips. And a bottle of pop. Those days are long behind me and I rarely ever bring chips into my house anymore. One of the reasons is, when they're there, I eat them. I have a hard time resisting.

Now here I am, I giant box of free chips sitting across the room and hockey starts this weekend. The smallest of the bags is 450 kCal for the entire bag and I can see myself eating it easily in one sitting. *sigh* I want so bad, but I'm trying to resist as best I can.

I guess what this really boils down to, is what can I use as a potato chip alternative when watching the game this weekend? And, of course, I'm on a strict budget until next payday so I need to work with what is already in my kitchen which makes things that much more difficult. Or perhaps, I should just avoid the snackies altogether?

It's tough since the game is on at 8pm local (after my typical dinner time) do I just hold off dinner instead or what? It's a tough decision to make and I'm just not sure. Suggestions are certainly welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment