Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Fifty Gone!

So the other day I stepped on my scale to finally read the number that told me that I had officially gotten rid of 50lbs of my old self. YAY! It was an incredible thing to see. It means I have (hopefully) gotten past that plateau I've been stuck at since I injured my leg in August.

One of the things that I have started doing again is watching my caloric intake. I kind of went a bit overboard on chocolates and other sweets over the holidays. I had gotten myself back into the habit of bad eating. Oddly enough, once I turned my mind back to calories, it wasn't hard to keep myself near or under my caloric goal.

For example, today's menu consists of a spinach & feta omelet, buttered cheese toast (1 slice), a granola bar and greek yogurt for breakfast, cooked cabbage with bacon and chicken sausage for lunch (jello snack for dessert!), veggies and dip for my snacks and dinner will be spinach & feta stuffed chicken breast with steamed broccoli and baby potatoes. Entire calorie count for the day 1250 kCals.

This means, if I really want, I have room for some sweets like 1/2 a cup of ice cream or a couple of chocolates if I want. And frankly, that looks like a lot of food to me. Does it to you? Either way, I figured it was time to get myself in check after the holidays. I would love to get those last 20-30lbs gone this year.

In related news, my leg is starting to feel much better so guess who gets to start doing more exercise? If you guessed me, then you're right! No running or jumping yet, but some brisk walking and other exercises that don't slam my leg around too much and it's no longer swelling up like it used to. I'm officially on the mend. Another yay.

Other than that, I've just been sitting around quietly and patiently, waiting for my beta-readers to get back to me on my novel. Fingers crossed for good reviews....

No comments:

Post a Comment