Monday, October 29, 2012

Can We Get a Little Crazy in Here Please?

Maybe it's the lack of sleep talking, or the awesome plot planning session I attended on Sunday afternoon, but I am starting to think that I ought to just try pantsing my NaNo novel this year. Yes, I spent most of the month working on a detailed plot line only to be annoyed and frustrated by the way things were going.

To tell the truth, I haven't touched my plot plan in over a week.

Am I really going to throw out nearly a month of my hard work? Well, no, not really. I did figure out what world I am writing in. I discovered my other main character. I figured out some of the plot details. So, it wasn't really wasted time.

Plus, I never throw away (ermmm delete) anything. I have some absolutely horrid writing. Things that are only one or two lines in before being abandoned, but I have them because you just never know.

But, I digress. I was unhappy with the plotting of my current NaNo novel, but not with some of the realizations it gave me. I have a feelings that this may just be a wonderfully shitty story that I am going to be writing, but that's okay. It's a part of NaNo - allowing yourself to write badly.

I may just start my planned novel in a whole new spot... Or maybe throw it to the side for now and write something else... Who knows. There are two full days left in which I can decide.

Worst comes to worst, I'll drop some characters in a setting with a MacGuffin and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment