Thursday, September 6, 2012

An Upsetting Realization

First off, this month between posts thing has got to stop. After the move I do hope to be able to get myself onto something that will resemble something almost, but entirely quite unlike a schedule. Wait. Backup. No, that is actually what I wanted to say. I think.

Anyway, it's not much of a post, but I felt I needed to say something here and so you are stuck with what just happens to be on my mind tonight. Which is about how old I look. Not exciting, but I came to the upsetting realization this evening that I may actually be getting...old.

I know, it happens to the best of us, but at 31 years old I still often pass as my mid to late twenties. This evening, however, as I tried to take a picture of myself because I liked how I had done my makeup and hair, all I could see was wrinkles. All I could think was, boy do I look old.

It was a very depressing moment for me. 31 and single and now I don't even look young anymore! What am I going to do now? Well, for starters, I pulled out my microderm abarasion kit and went to work. A good skin polish couldn't hurt.

As I attempt to scrub away my imperfections I decide that it's about time I start taking better care of my skin. I have the products just sitting around waiting for me to use them, but I don't. Lack of time, lack of memory.

But no more. I need to start taking care of my skin. Looking good isn't just for attracting a guy, but when I look good, I feel good. And I want to always feel good about myself.

So, anyone want to recommend anything?

3 comments:

  1. I am thinking we all have bad days (and I call them bad days because you won't look in the mirror and think that every time). I noticed wrinkles in my forehead the other day too and thought they looked so pronounced. Really it was a lack of sleep and hydration.

    For me, trying to age gracefully is a priority. I don't want plastic surgery and I don't want botox or whatever the hell else people can come up with. Taking care of your skin, esp in your face, is important and I think eases us into the aging process, lol.

    Basic cleaning and moisturizing products from Superstore (their house brand) are pretty good, and I've used them for years. But in the last year I did switch to Nivea because it wasn't the most expensive product but it's good. Whatever face cream you buy, make sure it has a small SPF factor. Even though you're not tanning or outside very much your face is always exposed to sunlight (unlike your bum), so it's good to have daily protection.

    Sorry for the ramble, I hope it helps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was probably the worst time to look in the mirror. At the end of the day and still recovering from a nasty cold. The problem was that I thought I looked good until I took the picture!

      I do have some good day cream (Nivea actually, with a little SPF) and under eye cream (expensive department store stuff) and night cream (puritas) and body cream with collagen-elastin (St. Ives) because of the weight loss.

      For cleaning I have Aveeno no alcohol makeup remover and a special eye makeup remover.

      My problem is remembering to use them all the time. Getting that routine.

      Guess we do have bad days, but like you I want to age gracefully. I want to feel good about getting older because it has to happen.

      And it's not that much of ramble, but it definitely helps.

      Delete
    2. Haha, I set alarms and reminders on my phone. Sometimes I forget to wash my face at night still.

      Delete