Sunday, September 30, 2012

All Moved In

Well, it's official. I am all moved in to my new apartment. Overall, I really like my new neighbourhood. It's an older area, but people seem so warm and friendly here. I even know the names of several of my neighbours outside my apartment building and the name of only one living inside!

Although I am in the same 'city' that I was living in before, it really feels like I've moved somewhere else entirely. Everything about my life has changed in the span of only a month. I have a vehicle now. I have a new apartment, a new (part time) job to add to my life. It's almost like starting fresh. And I like that idea.

Actually, this is more than like a fresh start. This is more like a new me. I'm thinner than ever before...and just getting better with everyday.

It's even time to start a new NaNo Novel. I've got a new plot in the works and a plan to push through on another draft of "Memoirs" after NaNo. Of course, I've still got an apartment to finish organizing during all of this, but I'll get it done. I know I will.

I do have to say one thing though. It's kinda nice having my desktop up and running again. It's been collecting dust for far too long, but I have room for it...in my bedroom no less. I'm hoping having it here will help with the novelling. Although my longest work to date was done mostly on my laptop, I do actually prefer working on my old desktop (that I call Franken-Carl).

So who else is on the NaNoWriMo band wagon this year? Who wants to be my novelling buddy this year as I attempt to crank out a fantasy novel (a genre of great weakness for me)?

Don't know NaNoWriMo? Then get out from under your rock and check it out! http://www.nanowrimo.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment