Thursday, September 13, 2012

A New Introduction

Almost two years ago when I started this little blog, I decided that it was a good idea to sort of introduce myself. This was what I wrote by way of introduction. Most of it is just as applicable today as it was then.

Since I have some new readers, maybe I ought to expand on it little though?

First off, for new readers, WELCOME! I appreciate you taking the time to stop by.

There are a few topics that I do talk about on a semi-regular basis.
One of them is my weight loss. I've been working very hard to lose a lot of weight since November 2011. It's been a slow process, but I'm quite proud of the fact that I am doing it on my own. No programme. Just me, my research and my own judgement.

Another is my little projects. Organization, growing plants, my attempts at building things. I plan to add more about my efforts to introduce hobbies into my life as time goes on. We'll see. Some projects, I've dropped, but if I talk about it often enough - there will be a tag for it.

Writing. I do talk about my writing. Although you'll find more of my writing over at my other(and less frequently updated) blog A Tale to Spin. Sadly, I haven't been writing much lately. I've been too busy/distracted/whatever to write. I always intend to change this. To write more often, but it rarely seems to happen....


Over the course of the blog you may learn a few things about me. Things like the fact that I am very accident prone. I don't always talk about my accidents (for example, until now I don't think I've really mentioned running over myself with a quad in August), but they happen. A lot.

I have pets. I love my pets, but I know talking about them bores a lot of people so it is also a topic I tend to avoid talking about too frequently. If you're curious, I currently have two cats (13 years old) and a dog (6 years this December). Over the course of the last few years I've also had reptiles, fish, birds and rodents (ah, Emo - you are still missed). At one point, I even worked in the pet industry and I was still freelancing as a pet trainer as recently as a year ago.

I don't like people. I shouldn't really say that on a blog, but it's true. I'm sure it's come out over the course of my blogging. And hopefully, people don't run away because of that. I like individuals, but I have little tolerance for stupidity - including my own. I am angriest at myself at the times I realize I'm being or doing something stupid.

And I think that is just about enough sharing. Now you know a few things about me - the "author". Although I shall leave you with this quote from a close friend of mine:

"You are just the perfect mix of neurosis's and phobias - enough to make you interesting, but not so much as to make you unbearable."

No comments:

Post a Comment