Sunday, January 29, 2012

Giving it up...

Last night it occurred to me that Ash Wednesday is less than a month away. Now I am not what one would call a religous person. I have my beliefs and I usually keep them to myself. One of the things I do like to participate in is Shrove Tuesday (seriously, a day for indulging and eating pancakes - who doesn't want to take part?) and Lent. I view Lent as a chance for change and self-improvement.

Last year I gave up sugar and I'm not sure exactly how well I did with that. This year I was considering refined and artifical sugars, but do I want a repeat of last year? I'm not sure. Fasting is often a part of Lent and I considered doing some sort of fasting - such as giving up breakfast. I could give up TV, but in reality I watch maybe an hour a day on average. Not much there to give up.

Some people add things for Lent - such as adding exercise at least 30 min a night., but I already do that and I'm not sure what else I can add to my life that would help to make a better me? I'm a little stuck on this one. If I didn't already drink 2 - 3 litres of water a day, I would start drinking more water for Lent. Maybe I'm better off with just giving up instead of adding something to my life?

Either way I go this is something that I am going to be putting a lot of thought into. I am also more than willing to hear what others have to say on the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment