Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Short Story Recap

I've been working on my short story goal. I've finished the first draft of a twist on the phantom hitchhiker tale. I like it, but it could use a little more panache. I'm not sure I'm conveying the emotions of my MC in such a way as to create proper suspense. Unfortunately, my time has been precious with a cat to nurse, but I'm trying.

I have another idea for a short story based on the song "Hotel California" by The Eagles. It's an idea that I've had stuck in my head for over a year now. My brain has been working at it, trying to look at it from all angles. Create the twist in the ending that I really want and keep the reader guessing about the reliability of the narrator.

First though, edit the one I just wrote. I'll prolly post it over at my other blog (I'll tweet the post if I do that).

No comments:

Post a Comment