Sunday, September 11, 2011

Critters big and small

I have often told people that I live a life filled with animals. While this statement is not as true as it once was, it's no lie either.

Right now it's just me and my two cats as far as animals I live with. A promised poodle on the way as well in a year or two, but she's not here yet. However, one of my good friends is a poodle breeder. Another good friend happens to own four dogs, two cats, two horses, two guinea pigs, a bearded dragon and a snake, my best friend shows and trains horses - I have no idea how many she has now, has barn cats and four dogs. These are the people I spend most of my time with.

Once upon a time I used to be a dog trainer as well. I don't really do any training anymore except by special request, but I kinda miss. I don't miss dealing with idiot dog owners, but I miss dealing with all kinds of dogs and their different personality. I regret never getting around to learning schutzhund.

Why do I bring this up?

Because today I spent the day with another dog trainer, an active one. I didn't do any training, but I watched. It reminded me that I would really like to do training again.....even if it's only ever for my own dogs.

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about what I want to do with the rest of my life more and more lately. Maybe it's that time of year?

    also, I have a blog award for you if you want to drop by my blog and check it out.

    ReplyDelete