Thursday, June 2, 2011

Phone Persona

So here I am, fresh back from watching a real movie in a real cinema and I am looking up blogging prompts because i don't know what to write. I don't really want to write about the movie I saw because I know someone who JUST did a review of the very same movie.

I think I'll keep it short.

I got a very interesting compliment relayed to me this morning. I was told that, when I am on the phone, I treat the person on the other end as if they were my long lost best friend. The person said that it made him feel very comfortable talking to me.

I thought about it a bit and when I'm on the phone I really am all rainbows and sunshine with the other person as though they are someone I've known for years. It's odd. Over the phone I really seem like a warm, friendly and outgoing person. which really isn't the case. It's just a persona I put on.

I'm not saying that I'm not really like that in person on occasion. I'm just saying that I pick up the phone and I'm your best friend. I listen, I chat and most people seem to really appreciate it.

Perhaps I should exercise that persona more often in real life. She's such a great person, but man, is it ever exhausting to be that happy and bloody optimistic all the time!

Something to think about the next time I'm on the phone with someone. I might just wonder if what I am hearing over the line is just a phone persona that someone uses while at work or is it a real person I'm hearing? Who is this person on the other end of the line?

Okay, time to go take my pain killers and pass out now!

No comments:

Post a Comment