Thursday, June 16, 2011

Another day....

I had plans to write an article about the riots in Vancouver, but I haven't had the time to do the proper research for it. Even though this is the first day this week with no overtime at work, that doesn't mean it has no been eventful.

A few things happened today that knocked me off my typical path. First, my best friend called to tell me that she had started getting labour pains. According to her doctor, she can expected to go into full labour sometime this weekend. It's a bit early, but the baby is already over 7lbs and has a really strong heartbeat. None of us are worried.

Then, one of the few people in my office that I had taken the effort to befriend left today. Apparently, unbeknownst to anyone else in our office, she had given notice. May 30th was to be her last day, but whatever the reason she decided to leave, it was not on the best of terms. And they paid her out for the time left.

Considering that we are already somewhat short handed at work, it looks like we are going to have a very busy summer. Lots of OT, but that just means that if I can bank enough hours I might be able to take two weeks over Christmas for a real trip home.

So that was my day, but it's not over yet. I still need to do dishes and make rice krispie squares for a work thing. I'll probably just do the squares tomorrow. It's already late as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment