Tuesday, February 22, 2011

S.O.S.

I had committed to doing WriYe this year. I wanted to write over 500K, but I have been sadly unmotivated to write lately. I know I really just need to do some butt in chair exercises, but I can't seem to make it happen.

I want to write. I'm sure I should be writing. I often thing, "I could be writing instead." Still, I don't write. Could it be that I am uninspired by any of my WIP or current ideas? Could be that I am just still in a bit of a funk - a place where I just don't have the energy to commit to my writing?

Maybe I need to pretend that I am taking part in NaNoWriMo. I always seem to find a way to make the words come when the pressure is on.

Perhaps, just a new character, a scene that I find inspiring, a story that is a real adventure? What do I need to get myself writing somewhere else other than here? Suggestions, places to find inspiration? Anything?

Imagine me as Wile E. Coyote - holding my little help sign as I'm currently resisting gravity before falling to the ground far below. Yeah. Help.

No comments:

Post a Comment