Thursday, February 24, 2011

Random is....

Today is a list of random thoughts. Really, just random thoughts. This is my random:

  • I'm looking forward to getting a new brace. My tendinitis isn't the worst that it's been, but it sure does hurt. :( Enough so that I am taking some painkillers to help make it through the day. *sigh*

  • In other news, one more home improvement has been completed. The shelf for my cookbooks has finally been installed. See:



    Yes, those are all my cookbooks...but I am always looking to add to my collection! It's nice to be able to get things in order like this. For those few of you who have been to my house before, well I bet it's starting to look a LOT different from the last time you were here.

  • I think my next focus will be on trying to find a better way to store my overflowing DVD's. What I currently have is horribly insufficient. Maybe I can just build something, but that might take effort.

  • This weekend I'll be doing a 10K warm up run. We'll be timing it and I will be doubling that time and adding a few(!) minutes on to estimate what my time would be if I did the half marathon at this point in my training. It'll be interesting. I'll let you know how I do.

  • I am also debating on whether or not to go out on a short date this afternoon. I have been corresponding with a guy who seems okay. I don't really get much of a feeling for him one way or another....which means, like with 99% of the men out there, I find myself indifferent to him. Maybe that would change if we meet, but I'm not sure how much I want that.

  • We always seem to have some interesting things to at work. Conversation of the day from work in reference to my complaining about some random stuff.

    "If that's the case, then maybe we ought to just take you out to the back 40 and shoot you."

    "Sounds like a good idea to me."

    "Geeze, you are so pessimistic."

    "You're right, better go with lethal injection - it's the happier alternative."

  • Oh and I tweeted this earlier, but I had the strangest dream last night. I dreamt that I couldn't sleep. Seriously, who dreams about not being able to sleep?

  • My computer froze as I was about to post this. I am very glad that blogger does autosaves. There would have been no post at all tonight without because I would have just shut off this damned machine and marched off to bed.

  • Speaking of which, I haven't eaten yet. So I am going to go and stuff something down my gullet and then drag my sorry ass to bed. Goodnight world.

No comments:

Post a Comment