Saturday, February 5, 2011

Disneyland for Adults

Today would be one of those days where I wish desperately that I hadn't decided to do NaBloPoMo again. I got home only an hour ago after spending the day down in Calgary. I am tired. I want to go to bed, but here I am.

However, the one good thing that comes out of the realization that I have to post a blog entry today is that I am still awake. Being awake means putting together purchases and reorganizing.

Today was the big Ikea trip at which I spent an obscene amount of money and very little of it actually being my on hard earned cash. Most of it was mponey and gift certificates that I had gotten for Christmas. I had requsted this from all my friends knowing that I would want to make a trip soon.

Most of what I bought was organizational material with the exception of a set of coffee and side tables and a gift for my up coming niece/nephew (not sure which it'll be yet). There were only a few things that I got that I *knew* I would be buying, but some of it was only a vague idea.

I just finished putting together the coffee tables, but The one by the window looks so bare. I need a cat repelling plant to put there - or at least something they won't try to eat (suggestions?). I got the cupboard organizers up, but I'll need help with the shelf for above the stove. I don't want to screw that one up.

Next is the bedroom items, but I might only get as far as the shoes. I have yet to decide if I want to put the larger shelf in the closet or if the small one will do. I'll figure it out soon enough.

Of course, sleep would be good. I hate getting up before 7am on a weekend. If it wasn't for Ikea, I would have been quite cranky about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment