Tuesday, February 15, 2011

And so it goes...

Today was pay day for me and so, I decided that with my new found hobby of running, I better take a bit of that pay cheque to get myself some shoes. A decent pair of running shoes, something with some arch support for all my foot issues.

I ran into a snag immediately. A good pair of shoes costs over $100 and I didn't have that kind of money at the moment. This was really only my mid-month advance. I could blow most of what I had on a sale pair, but none of the sale pairs were a good fit for me...at least not good enough at that price.

So I decided that I would spend under $50 on a pair that was, at the very least, okay. Something to make do with until I get my full cheque. Much easier said than done. I wear a size 11 in runners. That's right. I have big feet. Unfortunately, they are also narrow. That means that I couldn't make do with a men's shoe.

Eventually I found a almost decent pair for $20 - the only size 11 the store had in womens runners. I bought some inserts for $15 and I am praying that I can make it work. It took me all night just to find that.

At 9pm, I finally got home. I dropped off the shoes and grabbed some reusable bags and headed to the grocery store. I still needed food for tomorrow. I was out of eggs and lettuce and I was running low on salmon.

Finally I am home, and all I want to do is go to bed. My feet and ankles are killing me from trying on all these different shoes. Not to mention the walking and standing since I got off shift. I visited about seven different stores in my quest for shoes. It has been a long afternoon.

Of course, it doesn't help that it was a stressful day at work to boot. But that is just how it goes, isn't it?

Tomorrow is supposed to be a running day, but it feels like it's going to be cold and it's already snowing. Maybe I will do some jump rope instead? That might work if it's too cold for running outside.

Okay. Now I am going to go die until my alarm goes off at 4:30am. If I can walk tomorrow and it's not too cold - I will run. Otherwise, I'm pulling out the jump rope and breaking my shoes in inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment