Sunday, December 12, 2010

Work Parties

I will be the first to admit that I really lucked out with the company I work for. It's a great company and I enjoy my job.

Last night was a company Christmas party. I got home at 06h37 this morning. Before we partied, we served about 700 of the less fortunate in this city a Christmas dinner. They could come up for seconds or thirds, or in one person's case sevenths. They could take food home as well.

It was a great experience and afterwards we went back to the office to enjoy an open bar. It was quite the wonderful experience. I enjoyed it greatly. It's nice working for a company that gives back to the community AND treats its employees well.

There was one woman who had lined up early to make sure she could get a present to take home to her ill son. She couldn't afford to buy any presents at all this year for her son so we when we discovered that we had extra presents after all the other kids got gifts, we made sure she got some of the extras.

All the food that didn't get used was taken to a homeless shelter here in town. Two full 25lb hams, two 25lb turkeys. Potatoes, peas, dessert bars, gallons of juice. Everything we didn't use went to them.

Officially one of the best Christmas parties ever and it is also the reason I missed a NaBloPoMo entry, but it's a good reason to miss.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete