Monday, December 20, 2010

Wisdom is...

"Wisdom is not the product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it." -Albert Einstein

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions." - Naguib Mahfouz

So today is going to be a post about from my list of 50 Questions because everyone needs to think about their own answers to some of these questions.

4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

I sincerely hope that this would be the case. I’m always afraid that my words will out weigh my actions. Of course, I won’t know for sure until everything is said and done, but by then it’ll be too late.

5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?

I wish I could find a way to rid people of their greed. Sometimes I don’t understand why everyone is always so “me, me, me” when everything would be so much better if you could understand your neighbor. If you cared enough to share with your neighbor.

6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?

Photography I think. Did you expect me to say writing? I do love to write, but taking pictures and being able to share the beauty I see with others in everyday life, that is what would make me happiest. To show others why I think that ugliness is only a frame of mind.

7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?

I think I’m somewhere around the middle on here. Occasionally I settle, but I never settle for something that I cannot bare to live with. It is something that I will always take into consideration. Can I live with this decision?

No comments:

Post a Comment