Friday, December 3, 2010

Who are you and why am I reading this?

I am going to make the huge assumption that someone other than those who know me might stumble upon this blog and decide to read it. To answer the second question, I don't know why you're reading this. Curiosity, boredom, you actually find me interesting for some unknown reason. The answer to that question is up to you.

Who I am, well that is always a more complicated question to answer. And I don't think I know anyone who can answer that question well, but please feel free to prove me wrong. To be honest, I'm not even sure how to define a person, let alone myself. Heck, even a google search on "how to define a person" doesn't really bring up much of any use.

So what do you say we go with the normal basics?

I work in a office in a field related to the oil industry - which is a pretty big deal here in Alberta. If you're a Canadian you will nod your head knowingly when I say that I from Vancouver and I still identify as a Vancouverite. Everyone else, you can just pretend to know what that means.

When I'm not working at the office, I can sometimes be found working from home. I do some web design on the side as a favour to a few people. I don't actually like doing web design, but it provides a few bucks on the side every now and again. I did actually study it at college, so I alledgedly know what I'm doing.

Then when I have free time I like to read novels or attempt to write them. Often my time spent writing is very little outside of the NOvember. I'm hoping to make a significant change in this habit. I would like to start writing all year round. Not quite at the same pace I do in November, but a thousand words or so a day doesn't really take me much time.

After that, there really isn't much to say about who I am in terms of what I do. I have a bunch of random hobbies, I'm sure some of them are listed in my profile here, you can read that if you want to.

I'd talk about my dreams, feelings and other such things, but I think this is more than enough. You'll get to know these things as I go, unless I fail at this blogging thing again. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment