Wednesday, December 29, 2010

More from the 50 Q's

I'm tired. I'm sick and I have no one to take care of me. Sometimes it sucks being on your own. So while I go make myself some more lemon and ginger tea in hopes that I will soon feel better, I will just be posting from my 50 questions list.

I hope I get better soon, but even if I don't, it's a 3 day week.

8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?

I think I would be a lot less patient. I tend to wait for things to come my way instead of going out looking for them. I can wait for the great things to happen because I am confident that if I listen really carefully, I won’t miss the opportunities that come my way.

9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?

Very little. I follow the winds of fate where they take me. I grab the opportunities as they pass by, but I wait for the opportunity to come – I don’t go out of my way to make it. Somehow, things have always worked out for me this way.

10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?

A little bit of both to be honest. I don’t like making mistakes. I like to get things right on the first try, but I *know* that this isn’t usually possible. I like to do things right, even to following procedure if it makes sense to me to do so. In the process though, I still want to do the right thing in the end.

11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?

I will defend my friend of course. My friends are important to me and I will defend them to the best of my ability. We are all prone to criticism, whether justified or not. I hope that if I ever make the mistake of speaking ill of someone out of turn, then I would want to be corrected and reminded that you shouldn’t do that to people. If you can’t say it to someone’s face – don’t say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment