Thursday, December 2, 2010

I am not a blogger

The title truly says it all. I am not a blogger. I've tried, but I've never managed to get anywhere. I can't imagine anyone finding anything I have to say all that interesting, but maybe that's just me.

I am doing this blog on a dare from a friend. She was evil enough to dare me into trying NaBloPoMo - National Blog Posting Month. Post a blog entry every day for a month. I'm not even sure I'm capable of this. In fact, I am postive I'll fail.

I don't even read blogs. Not typically. I read the occasional one, but I am a twitter girl. I barely even use my facebook. I prefer my 140 character updates. Of course, if it's not twitter, than I am banging out a few thousand words of questionable prose for NaNoWriMo.

I even asked for help on what to write for my first entry. I got a few suggestions. Sharks with lasers and puppies were topics I am supposed to cover. I tried to put them together, but it didn't end very well.

I was also told to be cute and witty. Considering that it sometimes will take me days to think up the perfect comeback, I'm not sure I can do that either. It's not that I'm not cute or witty, it's just that it never seems to come out in my writing. At least, not when I'm trying.

So even though I am taking a brief break from writing before moving onto my next novel, I still have words to put on to the blank screen. Words that go right here.

I think I'd rather try to write another 100K words in a month. That I can do. This, maybe not so much.

1 comment:

  1. Sharks with lasers are always a good way to go. Ask Mike Meyers. And to be fair, thecapillary made me do it. I'm just spreading some of the blogging wealth. :)

    ReplyDelete